Sunday, September 30, 2012

Take a Stitch Tuesday - Knotted Buttonhole Stitch - Week 39

The 39th week for Take a Stitch Tuesday features the knotted buttonhole stitch. I enjoyed learning this stitch. It's basically two buttonhole stitches that are close to one another connected with a knotted loop.


I chose an embroidery floss that had different shades of orange because it reminded me of the leaves that are changing. The maples - with the their golden, orange, and rust leaves - are beautiful at this time of the year.



As with past weeks, I included the sampler in my TAST embroidery journal. It includes a personal reflection, gratitude list, name of the stitch, and collage of images of that represented the week.

1 comment:

Rita said...

I was thinking how they must have had to do the buttonhole stitches around and around the button hole to keep it from coming apart. Pretty stitch. :)