Saturday, September 22, 2012

3 Things that are Important to Me

When I thought about the three things that are important to me, I thought of many different things:

=> Compassion
=> Gratitude
=> Kindness
=> Happiness
=> Animals and birds (domestic, livestock, and wildlife)
=> Nature
=> Peace/peaceful environment in which to live
=> Creativity and creative inspiration
=> Art (visual, music, dance, and theater)
=> Laughter
=> Sharing
=> Forgiveness
=> Spiritual inspiration and growth
=> Volunteering to make a difference locally and globally
=> Time comfortably spent alone to balance time spent with others (this is vital for introverts, like me)
=> Knowledge/wisdom

However, if I had to narrow it down to only three things of importance, my top three things would include:

=> Basic needs. Nothing extravagant or wasteful...just enough to get by would be fine with me. Just as long as I have oxygen to breathe; enough food and water; clothing; and shelter...I'm content.

=> Basic self-affirmation. For me, this includes having a loving family; connections with others; and a purpose for living.

=> Good health. Although good health isn't something that is guaranteed at any age, as I get older, this seems to take on a new meaning. Particularly as I age and have seen my parents get into their 70s and 80s, the things that I take for  granted now - my memory/mind, mobility, eyesight, good blood pressure, healthy heart - all are things I hope to have when I am older.


Whey Beyond the Naked Truth

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Great blog :) I enjoyed reading it. Looking forward to reading more from you.

Heidi said...

Good health is very important. I also love all the different aspects of importance you listed.