Thursday, September 6, 2012

List of Books I Want to Read

I have some books that are on my list to read during the remaining months of 2012 that are part of the Heartwarming Animal Stories 2012 Reading Challenge I'm doing:

- A Hummingbird in My House: The Story of Squeak by Annette Heidcamp.

- Every Dog has a Gift: True Stories of Dogs who Bring Hope and Healing into our Lives by Rachel McPherson.

- That Quail, Robert by Margaret Stanger.

- Katie Up and Down the Hall: The True Story of How One Dog Turned Five Neighbors into a Family by Glenn Plaskin.

For the Wellspring program I'm doing from September 2012-June 2013, these will be the books I'll be reading (this does not include the many articles and sermons that also are part of the program):

=> Everyday Spiritual Practice edited by Scott Alexander
=> Soul Types by Sandra Krebs Hirsh and Jane A. G. Kise
=> A Hidden Wholeness by Parker Palmer
=> For Faith and Freedom: A Short History of Unitarianism in Europe
=> Universalism in America: A Documentary History of a Liberal Faith edited by Ernest Cassara
=> The Jefferson Bible
=> Buddhism Without Beliefs by Stephen Batchelor
=> It’s Easier Than You Think by Sylvia Boorstein
=> Blessing the World by the Reverend Rebecca Ann Parker
=> The Year of Magical Thinking by Joan Didion
=> The Last Lecture by Randy Pausch
=> Dancing With Joy edited by Roger Housden
=> Let Your Life Speak by Parker Palmer

This list doesn't include the many books that are part of the girls' homeschool curriculum. Since the majority of the different curricula I'm using are literature-based (through Sonlight and Five in a Row, there are many books of varying levels of reading difficulty that I will be reading aloud to the girls during the upcoming school year.

Whey Beyond the Naked Truth

2 comments:

breakmydreams said...

Good luck with your reading list :)

Moose said...

I want to read The Last Lecture as well. Good luck on your list! :)