Tuesday, August 10, 2021

Salad Pasta with Greek Vinaigrette

I've been looking for recipes that I can try that use a lot of produce from the CSA. Came across a Salad Pasta with Greek Vinaigrette from WW. The recipe calls for lentil pasta which I had never tried. The texture isn't as soft as wheat or traditional pasta, yet it's a healthier alternative that provides some extra protein and fiber. 

I doubled the vinaigrette since WW tends to be a little skimpy when it comes to dressings. It ended up being more than I needed, so I ended up doing a double batch of the salad. It all worked out. 

The photo of the salad isn't the most appealing-looking since I forgot to take a photo of the first batch. Nonetheless, it tastes very good.

Ingredients

4 ounces yellow lentil penne

1 1/2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil

1 1/2 tbsp red-wine vinegar

1 tsp dijon mustard

1/2 dried oregano

1/2 tsp kosher salt

1/4 tsp black pepper

1 medium garlic clove, grated

5 ounces lettuce

1 cup grape tomatoes, halved

1/2 cup red onions, sliced

1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese

Directions

Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and rinse with cold water. 

In a large bowl, whisk oil, vinegar, mustard, oregano, salt, pepper, and garlic. Add cooked pasta, salad greens, tomatoes, and onion. Toss gently to combine. Sprinkle with cheese.

Makes about 2 cups or 4 servings.


4 comments:

Rita said...

Thanks for coming by my blog. Been lots going on lately so I am not around quite as much online. I appreciate your well wishes. Thanks so much! :)

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

This sounds like a meal I would definitely enjoy.

DVArtist said...

Now this looks really good. I will try it. Thanks for sharing it.

Valerie-Jael said...

This sounds very good! Have a great day, Valerie