Monday, August 9, 2021

Garden Fresh Corn Salad

While scrolling on Facebook early one morning, I came across a recipe that the Stillwater Farmers Market shared for Garden Fresh Corn Salad. Having been given a bag of corn, I needed to find some recipes to use it. 

This recipe used 5 cobs of corn as well as quite a few ingredients I had from the CSA and my garden. Everyone liked it (except Olivia who doesn't like fresh, raw vegetables), so I know I'll make it again. 

Ingredients

3 cups raw corn kernels (about 5 cobs)

1 medium tomato, chopped

3/4 cup chopped green onions (I used a regular onion since that's what I had from the CSA)

1 cup quartered and sliced cucumber

1/2 cup fresh leafy herbs (e.g., basil, dill, mint, parsley, and/or cilantro - I used all of them except cilantro which I don't have in my garden)

1/2 cup chopped radishes

1 medium jalapeno pepper (optional) (I didn't use one)

1/3 cup feta cheese or 1 ripe avocado diced (I used the avocado)

Dressing

1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil

1 tbsp red wine vinegar

2 medium cloves garlic, minced

1/2 tsp fine sea salt

freshly ground pepper to taste

Directions 

Mix the salad ingredients together in a large bowl. In a small bowl, mix the dressing ingredients together. Pour the dressing over the salad and mix well. 

1 comment:

DVArtist said...

Wow this looks so good. Thanks for sharing the recipe.