Friday, December 7, 2018

Something that Made Me Happy - November 2018

When I look back on November, there were many things that made me happy:

- The 15th anniversary of Olivia's adoption day on November 17th.

- The 17th anniversary of Sophia's adoption day on November 26th.

- Spending time with my family on Thanksgiving Day.

- Spending a couple of hours on the day after Thanksgiving Day packing food at Feed My Starving Children.

- Doing new and traditional things on the Saturday and Sunday of Thanksgiving weekend. It was a bittersweet weekend realizing that it was the last one in which all of us would be together as a family (with the girls both in high school).

One of the things that we did in November as a family was go on a college visit to Bethel University in St. Paul. The focus of the admissions event was music, so they had a cake reception with music department professors and the dean of the college; a behind-the-scenes tour of the auditorium; and tickets to watch the annual Christmas performance by over 300 students.

Below is a picture of what part of the organ looks like behind the stage.


We heard the handbell choir before the performance. It was beautiful. I really enjoy listening to handbells.


Another thing that made me happy was our pets. Below are Cooper and Scooby resting on the bathroom floor. The floors are heated so the pets especially like resting in the bathroom during the winter when the house and floors all seem chillier.


The pets get along with one another which is nice. Eenie, the cat, and Danny both wanted to sit on Sophia's lap. (Yes, there are a lot of dishes drying in the sink and on the counter. It's right after the big Thanksgiving dinner.)


Another thing that made me very happy was getting an email from the African Library Project saying that the books we collected back in March-May 2018 had arrived in Malawi, Africa.


The 1,012 books we collected and shipped are now being unpacked at the school that serves 465 orphans and vulnerable children. The picture bellows shows some of the boxes being unloaded.


Of course, one of the things that always makes me happy are beautiful sunsets. The sun is setting now more towards the southwest as we move into winter. I like this time of the year because we can see the incredibly vibrant colors of the sky and clouds.


With the leaves of the trees, we can see more of the sunset as well. I wish these colors could be painted on my wall so I could feel like I'm seeing this sunset all the time.

2 comments:

Rita said...

Lovely, lovely post from start to finish! :)

Harvest Moon by Hand said...

From Isabelle (who was unable to log on without a google account, but wanted to leave a comment): When I and my family must change the glasses, we send the old glasses to someone who resend them to Africa.