Today I continued making some more window stars. I thought it might be interesting to take some pictures of what the window stars look like while I am making them.
Both the stars that I made have sixteen points. Each point has ten folds per point.
As I mentioned in my last post about the rainbow window stars I made, I usually don't spread out the points in such a random and chaotic way.
However, I wanted to see what the points and the stars looked like photographed on the light box rather than completed and hung up on the window as I normally do.
So, after these stars were made today, I began working on the quilt I started earlier this month. So far I have four quilt squares hand-embroidered.
Today, I determined what the other eight embroidered squares will feature. Each image will represent a different aspect about Minnesota (e.g., state beverage, state grain, state rock). I also have selected the 23 different pieces of fabric for the squares that will be in between the embroidered ones.
The next step: ironing and cutting out the squares from the fabric; creating designs and appliques from fabric; and hand-embroidering the appliques onto the fabric.
Wonder if I'll be able to do this in 15 days...or if this project will end up being completed in December. Either way...it will be nice to have a warm quilt this winter (as I'm listening to the wind howl outside my window right now) and feeling a draft come in around the window (one of the disadvantages of living in a 121 year old home - yes, it was built in 1890).