Sunday, August 26, 2012

Take a Stitch Tuesday - Linked Double Chain Stitch - Week 34

This week for Take a Stitch Tuesday, the featured stitch is the Linked Double Chain Stitch. This stitch, by far, was one of the most confusing stitches I have attempted to do as part of this weekly challenge.

When I first saw it, I couldn't follow the written or pictorial instructions. Normally, I can do the stitch by following one or the other instructions (most often the pictures are easier to follow for me).

With the Linked Double Chain Stitch, it was a lost cause. Even removing wrong stitches and trying again didn't work. So, for that reason, there are only three incorrectly stitched stitches in my sampler. That's all I had the time or patience for with this stitch.


Since I don't plan to ever use the Linked Double Chain Stitch in the future, I didn't want to waste any more time with it. I wrote my journal entry and gratitude list, put some images on the pages, and called it a week. I was ready to move on to the next week.


As a side note, the layered circular pieces as well as the floral image on the lavender paper were ones I found when I was cleaning and organizing my office this week. In the process, I put together all the items I could use for the journal and other collage projects.

It came at a good time because I am running out of images from which to choose. The TAST project has been a good one on many levels including that I am using up what I have on hand. This has been a great way to put to use what has been sitting around in my home office for a long time now.

2 comments:

Julie said...

Such a sweet addition to your journal...in purple, none-the-less! Love it!

Rita said...

I love the page spread but this one sounds like a stinker to do! ;)