Saturday, August 18, 2012

P52 Photo Challenge - Ice - Week 33

This week for the P52 Photo Challenge the theme is Ice. The first thing that came to mind were ice cubes. However, I don't like ice cubes in my beverages, so I was trying to think what I could do with them. I couldn't think of anything.

So, I emptied about a quarter of the ice cube tray into a glass serving bowl that my mom gave me. As a side note, the ice cube tray is a new one that the girls saw at the grocery store that make tiny ice cubes that fit into water bottles.

I put the bowl of ice cubes on top of a canning jar that was drying on a green towel on the counter. The sunlight was streaming in from the kitchen window.


Out of the pictures I took, the one above is the one I prefer. It reminds me of the stone walls that were in Connecticut when Sophia, Olivia, and I visited the New England states last fall. The stones were randomly stacked - yet fit perfectly together - to create beautiful walls that bordered the tree-lined back roads.

Instead of stones, this picture - to me - looks like a wall of ice blocks. That...or little glass cups filled with frozen milk.

Maybe I'll have more luck with next week's photo challenge.


Project 52 - p52 weekly photo challenge with Kent Weakley

1 comment:

Chelsea said...

I'm impressed that you're still putting so much thought into the prompts! I'm lucky if I can take a picture these days. Definitely not stretching myself creatively much at this point!