Saturday, August 25, 2012

P52 Photo Challenge - Heat - Week 34

The theme this week for the P52 Photo Challenge is "Heat." For the past week, it has been hot again with humidity that's rather uncomfortable. When it gets hot, there seems to be more birds who visit the bird feeders and the bird bath.

This week, there have been butterflies and hummingbirds sharing the hummingbird feeder; and a wonderful variety of birds.

On the 23rd of August, I happened to look out the kitchen window and noticed a trio of birds perched in the pine tree: a young cardinal, young oriole, and bluebird. I never see that variety of beautiful, colorful birds all at one time.

By the time I got my camera, only the oriole and cardinal remained.



Although the clarity has something to be desired, I am happy that I got a picture of these two beautiful birds close together.

Project 52 - p52 weekly photo challenge with Kent Weakley

1 comment:

Rita said...

Great photo! And glad you keep water in the birdbath for them in the hot weather. :)