Saturday, August 4, 2012

Favorite Item of Clothing

"What is your favorite article of clothing?" is the question today for the Summer Blog Challenge. Being that I spend the majority of time at home, I like clothes that are comfortable. I don't have any one item of clothing that stands out as a favorite...rather, I like one type of clothing the best: pajama pants.

Why?

When I'm homeschooling and we're doing activities where I know I'm going to get my clothes dirty (e.g., cooking, baking, painting), I don't want to do that in clothes that I potentially could ruin.

Pumpkin Guts
Carving pumpkins on the day before Halloween.
(Taken on October 30, 2009.)


I would much rather wear inexpensive clothes that could get stained or ripped, and it doesn't matter.

Rosemary Focaccia
I made Rosemary Focaccia for dinner one night.
The recipe is included in the post about the focaccia (see the link above).
(Taken on May 30, 2010.)

The majority of my pajama pants I can pick up at a local thrift shop for $1.50-$2.00. I don't have to worry about damaging something that is more expensive than that.

Volcano
Sophia doing a volcano experiment
Both she and Olivia had a lot of fun doing this activity.
(Taken on October 6, 2010.)

Sophia and Olivia see me more relaxed when we're doing "messy" projects, conducting science experiments, and making food in the kitchen. 

Olivia Painting with Watercolors on Canvas

I outlined Olivia's hand in oil pastels and then she colored in. 
She is painting with watercolors on the canvas.
(Taken on June 1, 2008.)

That's how I want them to remember me...relaxed and not upset if my clothes get dirty or torn.


4 comments:

Unknown said...

Girl! You are on point! Pajamas IS VERY comfortable! I agree!

Unknown said...

Pj's are one of my favorite things to wear. I ask for them every xmas! I like rotating them by prints.

Kathy Bradshaw said...

Your girls are so adorable and I wear PJ's most days. Blogging from home.LOL. Stopping by to say Hi from the blog hop. Come visit sometime, tea is cold and no shoes are required. Kathy B. http://www.southernmadeintheshade.blogspot.com new follower

Nicole GF said...

Agreed, very comfy!