Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Waldorf Window Stars - Art Every Day Month - Days 19 and 20

For the 19th and 20th days of Art Every Day Month, I've been making window stars.



These are the stars that I sell in my shop, Harvest Moon by Hand.



I had three orders come in during the past few days - two of which are rather large ones.


One of the customers will be using the window stars for a backdrop for her holiday photo cards. She's going to have her children stand in front of the window stars.


The other customer who placed a very large order will be using the window stars to decorate a bank of windows at an early education center.


The center is in the Arctic - so I'm sure this time of the year things are pretty cold and barren.


Hopefully the window stars brighten up the center for the children and their families who go there each day.

As a side note, I tend to take photos of the completed stars. Every once in a while, though, I like to take a picture of a star in progress.



Some of the points are attached to one another...while others are sitting to the right ready to be glued.



It's time to rest now so I can begin working on the remainder of the stars for one of the orders (the one to the Arctic) early tomorrow morning. I'd like to complete them by tomorrow afternoon so I can do some other creative projects that I wanted to do during Art Every Day Month.

2 comments:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Holy cow. That's a LOT of work. Each star looks like it would take forever for a beginner like myself. I'm in total awe of what you are making.

Rita said...

Wow! I'm glad you showed a little of how these are put together. They are really breathtaking in person in a sunny window, I bet. :)