Monday, November 18, 2013

Wool Felt Flowers - Art Every Day Month - Day 18

Today I went through the items in my "want to do" bag, and came across several pieces of hand-dyed wool and instructions to make wool felt flowers.

Four wool felt flowers in orange, red, purple, and blue.

I've wanted to do these for a long time, but have not made time to do them...until now.

One of the good things about Art Every Day Month is that it stretches you to find something to create every day.

Another view of the flowers.

I enjoyed cutting the flower-shape pieces and sewing them together. Such a simple design, yet one that - I think - is a day-brightener given some of these colder, windier days we've been having.

The colors of the wool are quite deep and rich.

They have a pin on the back so they can be attached to almost anything...a jacket, hat, scarf, book bag, backpack...really, any item that needs a splash of color.




2 comments:

Julie Jordan Scott said...

I love making flowers, though my usual medium is paper. I just remembered (thanks to you!) I have a whole bowl of pink paper flowers waiting to be made into.... something.

I love the felt flowers. I've always thought felt would be enjoyable to work with, too.

Happy AEDM~

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I knew I'd be late getting here tonight, but this is really stretching it. I love the splash of color the wool felt flowers created. Wool felt can be soft and warm, or scratchy and harsh. Yours looks really "user friendly." Nicely done and something you can scratch off your "want to try" list, too.