Friday, November 22, 2013

Waldorf Window Stars - Art Every Day Month - Day 22

Today I finished the big order that is being sent to the early education program in the Arctic.


It is such a relief to have 23 window stars done for that order!


Had another order come in last night for one window star that I completed this morning.


The stars I worked on today were light yellow and white.


The sun began peeking out behind the clouds today, but when I took these photos it was overcast and the sun wasn't shining.

I continue to be amazed at how even simply light can transform the paper into a vivid sun catcher.


Now that I'm done with orders, I can do some other creative projects that I've been wanting to do during Art Every Day Month

6 comments:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

It was good to read that your orders are complete and you can give your hands a bit of a rest. I loved the first star that had the light yellow circles that almost appeared to be superimposed on the star points. It was really clever.

Vicki Miller said...

These are gorgeous! Thanks for your comments.

Rita said...

They really are pretty. Glad you are done. That was a huge project! :)

Laura Timmerman said...

Hello. I enjoyed seeing your window stars. I have a couple of questions. 1 - What kind of paper do you use/prefer and where do you get it? 2 - I especially like the large yellow star with many points that looks like a sunflower. Do you have specific instructions for that one? I'd like to try making it. Thanks for your time, Laura

Harvest Moon by Hand said...

I use German kite paper. I've purchased it online from a number of different places. If you search for "German kite paper," "kite paper," or "paper for window stars" something should come up. Alternatively, if you have a Waldorf school near you, they may carry the paper in the school store.

It's been a long time since I used the book for that pattern. I wish I remembered that title. It was a craft book that Waldorf families enjoyed referring to. There were only a few window star patterns in the book.

Laura Timmerman said...

Thank you!