Thursday, November 21, 2013

More Waldorf Window Stars - Art Every Day Month - Day 21

I'm continuing to fold more window stars. This marks the third day of folding the stars. For the 19th and 20th days of Art Every Day Month, I completed two orders that came in through my shop, Harvest Moon by Hand.

Today, I'm working on finishing a very large order that will be sent to an early education program in the Arctic. Hopefully the window stars will brighten the center where the program is taking place.


The majority of the stars that were purchased are red.


I'm surprised at how vivid the sun catchers look even though the sun isn't shining today. It began snowing in the mid-afternoon, so there was no sunlight.


Even with an overcast sky, I was happy with how they turned out.

I'm hoping that the children, their families, and the teachers enjoy the bright colors on days that are snowy and overcast in the Arctic.


There are only two stars left and all 23 are done with this order. They will have to wait until the morning. My back and arms are hurting, and I need to take some pain medicine now.


Who would have thought that folding window stars would be painful? I guess if you're doing the same thing for the majority of the day, muscles are bound to get sore.

4 comments:

Judy Hartman said...

Your stars are really stunning! The red is so festive looking!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I love your stars, but I can see why you would be in pain. Repetitive motion is the worst kind. Rest and a change of pace are good for that. Of course, if you have another big order following it, that might be hard. I hope you are better soon, because these stars are beautiful, even on a cold, snowy day.

Rita said...

Oh, I can TOTALLY imagine doing repetitious movements to be painful. Hunched over and folding paper--yup! But they are truly beautiful!! :)

Barb said...

These are beautiful.