Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Embroidered Goat Ornaments - Art Every Day Month - Day 13

During the summer, a friend asked me to create an embroidered goat. I looked at different images on the internet, and found one to make for her. It was fun to look at an image and create a pattern from what I saw.



The one part that was difficult was the underside which turned out a bit too big for the outer (tan) part of the goat. However, it ended up creating a rather cute stomach area for the goat. She liked it...which was good.


The other goat pattern I saw was a simple one that had a Scandinavian looking trim and rick rack. I began working on them during the summer, but never finished them. So, as part of the Art Every Day Month challenge, I finished two goats: a red one and green one.


Each one has a different color of rick rack and trim.


The edges are all blanket-stitched together.


I added three strands of embroidery floss for hangers so they can be used as ornaments on the Christmas tree this year.


5 comments:

Maron said...

These are so sweet! Beautiful work…=)

Judy Hartman said...

These are so cute - love them!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

There is a Scandinavian community near my home and I am familiar with their horses, but not their goats. However, they are certainly lovely and true to the style.

Carol said...

Very nice!!! I really like the red one :)

denthe said...

Great idea! They're so cute :-)