Sunday, December 23, 2012

Take a Stitch Tuesday - Russian Chain Stitch - Week 51

It's already the 51st week. Only one week left of the Take a Stitch Tuesday challenge. This week I learned how to do the Russian Chain Stitch.


This stitch is often found in Russian embroideries. It is made by grouping three lazy daisy stitches in a clover shape; and is good for borders.

I tried it both on Aida cloth as well as wool felt. Maybe the Aida cloth count was too high (and the squares too small)...or maybe my eyesight is getting worse. Either way, I couldn't get the lazy daisy stitches to be more uniform than what they are on either the felt or Aida cloth.



I chose two images again this week for my journal:

=> Snowflake - The ground is still covered with snow. It looks like it will, in fact, be a white Christmas. This is such a change from last year where there was barely any snow and the temperatures were much more mild. This will definitely help the grass and trees which desperately needed water. So, it's nice to look at the snow-covered ground. It makes it feel like winter.

=> Santa with a bird and present - This image reminds me of my Dad and how he used to play Santa at this time of the year. He brought joy to each person he visited as Santa - whether it was a child, adult, or senior. He loved feeding and watching the birds, so this picture is such a perfect reminder of him.

No comments: