Saturday, November 6, 2010

Day 6 - Revisiting Cross-Stitching

As part of Art Every Day Month (during November), I made a 2"x2" cross-stitched design. It's one I've wanted to try for some time. Didn't know what it would look like since the design was in black and white.

I'm not sure how I'm going to use this yet...maybe use it to embellish a gift bag or fabric book cover?

I have a tote bag filled with baggies. In each baggie is a pattern, the embroidery floss needed to make the design, and Aida cloth (already cut into the proper size). I figure if I start with the small designs, like this one, I can make some significant progress during November in finishing projects that I haven't had the time for...until now. This month I'm MAKING the time.

It's nice to re-visit an old hobby I use to enjoy doing. Perhaps that's one of the side benefits of participating in Art Every Day Month.

No comments: