Friday, November 5, 2010

Day 5 - Working with Wool

Yesterday, I finished all the window stars that I was making for customers and shifted focus this morning to wool.  If you've been following along, I'm doing the "Art Every Day Month" challege during November.  The goal is to do something creative each day - whether it be a new, smaller piece or working on a larger piece. 

This morning I spent the time needlefelting six wool felt balls.  Made them in the following colors:  red (2), orange, yellow, blue, and purple.  As the day moved along so quickly, I wanted to make sure I got them in the mail to the customer and forgot to take a picture.  However, here's one that is representative of the colors I used:


In picking out the colors of wool to use, I ended up organizing the wool bin.  Lots of beautiful, hand-dyed wool to work with...and to think of more things I can make with it.  Already have a few ideas for what to make to put in my shop as well as to keep and decorate the home. 

No comments: