Friday, April 25, 2014

Sleep - P52 and 52 Week Photo Challenge 2014 - Week 17

The theme for this week's challenge is "sleep."  It seems like the cats are the only ones who rest during the day and that I can capture sound asleep.

The cats have favorite places throughout the house to sleep - especially when the sun is shining like it is today. Eenie and Meenie like to sleep on the ledge behind the bed that is below a south-facing window.

Lucy and Shadow often sleep on Olivia's bed on an incredibly soft blanket.

Maggie sleeps downstairs - typically on the top of a sofa or on a big floor pillow by the bookshelf.

All of the cats - with the exception of Maggie - seem to enjoy finding spots to rest right next to where I'm working.


Shadow curled up today while I was working on the computer. He slept contentedly on the blanket and my calendar with his tail curled onto the computer. Every so often he would open his eyes to check on me, and then fall back to sleep. 

Cats are rather delicate creatures and they are subject to a good many ailments, but 
I never heard of one who suffered from insomnia.
 ~Joseph Wood Krutch


Posted on: 

No comments: