Thursday, May 24, 2012

3 in 30 May Goals Update - #4 + Goals for June

My goals for 3 in 30 and the progress I made on them are below.

1. Finish the projects I did not complete during the past four months.

- Clean half my office - This project is done during the third week of May.

- Finish cleaning the blue room - This project was done during the third week of May.

- Finish "Shaking Off the Bonds of Stuff...for Lent" - I did not do anything with this project.

- Put trimmed branches from trees in backyard in the firepit - This was done during the first week of May.

- Paint the accent areas dark green (behind the bed and over the window on the west side of the room) and the walls white - I did not do anything towards meeting this goal during the past week.

2. Do the Biology of Behavior program. I've written about this in previous posts, so I won't go into detail here. Sophia, Olivia, and I continued to use acidophilus and grapefruit seed extract three times a day (before each meal). There have been a couple days where we didn't take a dosage at one of the meals. We will do this for five more weeks. The girls also are taking two multi-vitamins a day (one at breakfast and one at dinner).

This past week we added taking one tablespoon of Mineral Rich each day. (Mineral Rich is a blend of essential minerals and over 70 trace minerals. It supports the health of bones, muscles, teeth, hair, skin, and nails; and contains vitamins B12 and Biotin.) Its flavor is cherry. The girls like or are okay with the taste. It's not my favorite flavor, but it's tolerable.

Sophia and I also added taking a B-Complex vitamin. Olivia was unable to take the vitamin in pill form, so I'm going to see if I can find an alternative form that will be easier for her to take. Out of all the pills we take, the B-Complex, by far, is the worst tasting one. (The exception to that is the grapefruit seed extract in liquid form which Olivia takes in a bit of water. She has to follow it with a teaspoon of peanut butter.)

We also have been watching our sugar and carbohydrate intake. This continues to be the weakest area of the plan since there aren't specific meal plans or ideas to follow - just the encouragement to watch the consumption of these items.

3. Do a nice Mother's Day meal. This was worked on and completed during the first and second weeks of May.

*~*~*~*~*

As I look at the list, not everything was completed. However, what I did complete I am very pleased with (e.g., cleaning half my office, cleaning the blue room, putting trimmed branches from the trees in the backyard in the firepit, completing four weeks of the Biology of Behavior plan, and having a nice Mother's Day meal).

The first two projects were very time-consuming; and the Biology of Behavior a definite healthy lifestyle change.

*~*~*~*~*

My goals for June:

1. Paint the accent areas dark green (behind the bed and over the window on the west side of the room). This has been a project I've wanted to do since January. I don't want it to roll into the second half of the year....it must be completed by June 30th.

2. Clean the floor in my office. There are bags of items and some bins that I would like to put away in the closets to free up some space. I'm sure there will be items that will donated or recycled. 

3. Do the 12 in 12 project throughout the month. Sophia, Olivia, and I have been doing a special project we named 12 in 12 in which we do 12 projects per month that benefit people in need, animals, or the environment. During January-April, we were able to do everything within the first three weeks.

During May, it's been a challenge to finish (partly due to health issues with my mom; and packing and moving her from the transitional care unit to assisted living apartments at the care center). If I make 12 in 12 one of my 3 in 30 goals, then I can focus on this rather than adding another project and feeling like I can't do everything that I want to get done.

4 comments:

Jeanine Byers said...

I am always in awe at all you have going on and also awed by what you manage to accomplish!! Good work this month, and it looks like you've got good goals in place for next month, too. I have barely begun to think that far ahead, myself. :)

Rita said...

Considering what you have to deal with in moving your mom and home schooling, I think you're doing nicely on your lists. :)

Unknown said...

Wow - what amazing progress you have made!! Kudos on the vitamins - that's something that I need to get started on!

Unknown said...

God Bless all your endeavors this month!