Last Friday, I wrapped up my May goals for the 3 in 30 challenge, and set new ones for June. So, the ones listed below - although for June - also had some activities that needed to be done during May.
This week, I focused on the third goal (doing our 12 in 12 project) because Sophia, Olivia, and I still had some activities for May that we needed to complete before starting on our June activities for 12 in 12.
I also have been working on the backyard butterfly garden and the little garden by the patio (weeding as well as planting some perennials and annuals); and trimming trees by the hobby shed. That seems to have taken a lot more time than I anticipated, so my first and second goals will have to wait another week.
Here's what I did during the past week:
1. Paint the accent areas dark green (behind the bed and over the window on the west side of the room). I did not work on this project.
2. Clean the floor in my office. I vacuumed the floor, but didn't go through any of the bags or bins.
3. Do the 12 in 12 project throughout the month. Sophia, Olivia, and I have been doing a special project we named 12 in 12 in which we do 12 projects per month that benefit people in need, animals, or the environment.
During the past week, we wrapped up the May 12 in 12 activities with:
- donating a bag of food to the food shelf;
- making a hand-embroidered toy and then randomly placing it in a public place for it to be found;
- spending time outside filling bird feeders (with seed and hummingbird food), filling the birdbath, and checking on the progress of a couple bird nests;
- donating two bags of clothes to a thrift shop; and
- donating five bags of non-clothing items (mostly craft supplies) to another thrift shop.