Saturday, August 7, 2010

Gingerbread Doll Ornament

Have wanted to make this ornament now for some time. Green and purple are my favorite colors, so that's why I chose them for the dress.

I'm going to make one for each of the girls with their favorite colors. I'm going to look for a slightly lighter shade of brown for the hands, feet, and face. I think this one was a bit too dark to show the facial features.

The felt is all 100% wool; and the ornament is stuffed with wool from sheep that I raised. The hand-embroidery features the straight stitch, blanket stitch, back stitch, French knots, and lazy-daisy stitch.

I have some hand-embroidered ornaments in different styles in my Etsy shop; and also take requests for custom work. Please contact me through my blog and/or through Etsy for more information.

Here's the back side of the gingerbread doll ornament:


Back of Gingerbread Doll Ornament

http://www.flickr.com/photos/picturesbyann/4868612264/in/photostream/

3 comments:

Tan Family said...

She's adorable! :)

Tonya Gunn said...

Oh, she is so sweet and I love the fact that your making them for you daughters too.
Warm wishes, Tonya

Kim van Waardenburg said...

she is really looking sweet!! I bet your daughters will be happy with one of their own