Sunday, December 4, 2022

Clouds

One of the things that I enjoy taking photos of are clouds and the sky - especially during sunsets and sunrises. I'm going to work backward in time, with the first image from November 25th - the day after Thanksgiving. The sun is setting so early these days. This was at 5:22 p.m.


This picture was taken on the same day, except at 4:52 p.m. - just 30 minutes prior to the picture above. 


Even just a minute apart - at 4:51 p.m. - the clouds and sky were different shades of oranges, golds, and magentas. 


Earlier in November, on the 2nd, the sun was setting at 6:10 p.m. I like how the clouds are shades of pink.


It's hard to believe that it was only 39 days between the first photo above and this one below, taken on October 17th. It was such a warm, pleasant day with heavy cloud coverage. The sun had a hard time peeking through the clouds at 4:07 p.m.


Two days before the photo above, I took this picture on October 15th. At 6:26 p.m., there were so many clouds. In the gaps in the clouds, the orange sky can be seen. I can only imagine that if the clouds weren't there that the whole sky would be vibrant shades of orange. 


On October 6th, on my afternoon walk with the dogs, I loved seeing the clouds and the bright sun. It was just what I needed to see at about 4:50 p.m.


On another part of my walk on October 6th, the clouds covered the majority of the sky too. This photo was taken at 4:05 p.m. - about 45 minutes before the photo above. So, the clouds were definitely staying around that afternoon. 


It was interesting going back on photos I have taken over the past few months. The majority of cloud pictures I took were either on my afternoon walks with the dogs or of sunsets. Regardless of where I took the photo, seeing the image again brought me right back to that moment when I took the picture. That's one thing that I love about photography...being able to be transported in time through a photograph.

1 comment:

Rita said...

I love watching the clouds. Don't see them as well since I moved here to the ground level six years ago from a third floor apartment with a field view so I appreciate the photos! :)