Wednesday, October 12, 2022

Peanut Butter Rocky Road Bars

For the county fair this year, I made several desserts. One of the desserts was Peanut Butter Rocky Road Bars - a pin I saw on Pinterest that led to Rock Recipes

This recipe reminded me of one that my mom used to make, but I don't recall her using peanut butter. I liked this version of Rocky Road Bars and would definitely make it again. Not only is it easy to make, but it is delicious...plus it won first prize in the county fair! 


Peanut Butter Rocky Road Bars 

Ingredients 

1/3 cup butter 
3/4 cup smooth peanut butter (I used crunchy peanut butter)
2 cups chocolate chips 
10 oz bag mini marshmallows
1 cup roasted peanuts, optional (I included the peanuts)
1/2 cup dried unsweetened or sweetened coconut, optional  (I didn't use coconut)

Instructions 

Lightly grease a 9x9 pan and line it with parchment paper. You can dust the bottom with 1/4 cup of the coconut if you are using it. 

In a medium saucepan, melt the butter and peanut butter together, then melt in the chocolate chips. As soon as the chocolate chips are melted, take it off the heat. You do not want to overheat this mixture. 

Add the marshmallows and peanuts to a large mixing bowl. Pour in the chocolate mixture and fold until the marshmallows are all covered in the chocolate mixture. 

Spread into the prepared pan and sprinkle the other 1/4 cup of dried coconut on top if you are using it. 

Chill for 3-4 hours before cutting into squares or bars (a serrated bread knife works well). Store in airtight containers. These will freeze quite well.

1 comment:

Fishcake_random said...

What a timely blog post! I was just reading some blogs with my morning coffee before deciding on what treat to make for the children today after school! I have everything needed for this recipe other than the peanuts so I will replace them with some crushed biscuits for a little bit of crunch 😊
Thank you so much
X