Saturday, October 22, 2022

Halloween College Care Package

Both Sophia and Olivia are in college, so I thought I would send them a care package. Each one basically has the same thing - some Halloween decorations, candy, snacks, window stars I made, closet scent, and a card.


There's a combination of healthy and not-so-healthy snacks, and some Halloween decorations they can hang from their ceilings (two bats and the word "Boo"). There's tape so they can hang up everything...just in case they didn't have it. 


The Halloween images are ones that are window stickers. There's also some lights and three window stars that I made for them. 


Each one got a decoration to hang on their door (the trio of pumpkins and black cat), a facial mask, more candy, and two scented sachets to put in their closet or drawers.


There were three layers of items. I realized that I didn't have enough of the orange and black tissue paper, so the middle layer uses white tissue paper. 


All the gifts are covered by orange and black tissue paper and then the card rests on top of that.


As my dad always said, "Write a message in the card...it's more meaningful that way." So, I did. Each one has different letter/message in it. 


The outside of the boxes was decorated with stickers of ants (the only other black stickers I had). On the top, there was an orange piece of paper where I wrote their address and put two Halloween stickers on it. 

Olivia said that her room looks "more festive" now and that she has the trio of pumpkins with the black cat on her door. That makes me happy. I hope she continues to decorate her dorm room - and eventually her home - with these and other decorations to celebrate Halloween. It would be a legacy that lives on from my parents who used to decorate their home for the holiday and make it a fun one for our family. 


1 comment:

Rita said...

Oh, how sweet! I bet the girls loved them. :)