Monday, July 5, 2021

20 Quotes (Swap-bot)

There's a swap on Swap-bot that intrigued me in which 20 words were given and the challenge was to find quotes, lyrics, sayings, or titles that included those words. I chose to focus on quotes. I've included photos that I've taken or that were taken of me throughout the years that tie into the quotes.

Dog 

“Dogs come into our lives to teach us about love, they depart to teach us about loss. A new dog never replaces an old dog. It merely expands the heart.”―Author Unknown


Baseball 

   

Love 

“A life lived in love will never be dull.” – Leo Buscaglia


Man 

“You educate a man; you educate a man. You educate a woman; you educate a generation.”
― Brigham Young


Holiday 

“A holiday is an opportunity to journey within.” —Prabhas


Mountain 

“Everybody wants to reach the peak, but there is no growth on the top of a mountain. It is in the valley that we slog through, the lush grass and rich soil, learning and becoming what enables us to summit life’s next peak.” – Andy Andrews


Remember 

"Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn." - Benjamin Franklin


Race 

"No human race is superior; no religious faith is inferior. All collective judgments are wrong. Only racists make them." - Elie Wiesel



Horse 

​”Through the days of love and celebration and joy, and through the dark days of mourning – the faithful horse has been with us always.” ​- Elizabeth Cotton


Hospital 

“Still, when you work in a hospital, the papers you file aren't just papers: they are fragments of narratives filled with risks and triumphs.” ― Paul Kalanithi, When Breath Becomes Air


Music 

“If I were not a physicist, I would probably be a musician. I often think in music. I live my daydreams in music. I see my life in terms of music.” ― Albert Einstein


Night 

“The moon will guide you through the night with her brightness, but she will always dwell in the darkness, in order to be seen.” ― Shannon L. Alder


Drama 

“If only people put as much energy into helping people as they do into creating drama.” ― Akiroq Brost


Beach

"Every time I stand before a beautiful beach, its waves seem to whisper to me: If you choose the simple things and find joy in nature’s simple treasures, life and living need not be so hard.” – Psyche Roxas-Mendoza


Eyes 

"Your eyes show the strength of your soul." Paulo Coelho.



Sad 

"Every man has his secret sorrows which the world knows not; and often times we call a man cold when he is only sad." Henry Wadsworth Longfellow


Fell 

"If you fell down yesterday, stand up today." - H. G. Wells


Drive 

“Passion and drive are not the same at all. Passion pulls you toward something you cannot resist. Drive pushes you toward something you feel compelled or obligated to do. If you know nothing about yourself, you can't tell the difference. Once you gain a modicum of self-knowledge, you can express your passion.....It's not about jumping through someone else's hoops. That's drive.” ― Randy Komisar, The Monk and the Riddle: The Education of a Silicon Valley Entrepreneur


Home 

"The ache for home lives in all of us, the safe place we can go as we are and not be questioned." - Maya Angelou



Funny

"There's only one true superpower amongst human beings, and that is being funny. People treat you differently if you can make them laugh." - Jeff Garlin


1 comment:

Rita said...

TYhese are wonderful quotes and I love the pictures that you found to put with each one! :)