Thursday, April 2, 2020

Window Stars for Easter

I made three new window stars for Easter as part of my 2020 goals. Although I'm no longer making window stars to sell through my Etsy shop due to continued pain from the car accident in November 2018, I still like to make window stars here and there for holidays.


The first one is a blue window star that I saw on Pinterest. I realized that I had already tried this pattern when I looked at the pin. (I made it in red the first time I made this window star.)


My version of this star for Easter is in pink and is made from 3"x5" paper:


The second pattern I tried, also a pin on Pinterest, I also used 3"x5" paper. Once I got to the third step (pictured on the left below), the folds were a bit more challenging due to the multiple layers of paper. Perhaps a larger size paper would have been easier to fold (maybe 4"x6"). 


I made this star in yellow so all the details could be seen in the points. With a darker paper, the details would have been lost. 



The third pattern is one that Olivia tried and she wanted to see if I could make because her window star didn't turn out like she wanted it to look. The pattern is pinned and leads to a video on YouTube:


This paper uses 8 squares that are 3 1/4" x 3 1/4". This is how my window star turned out using the pattern on the video:

1 comment:

Rita said...

I have found every one of these you have made over time absolutely stunning! :)