Friday, October 18, 2019

Holiday Pillowcases Using the Burrito Method

For the local county fair this past July, I made two pillowcases - one for Halloween and one for Christmas. I had fabric and thread on hand for both pillowcases so the supplies cost me nothing. It was just my time for this project.

The Seasoned Homemaker has a good tutorial about how make pillowcases using the burrito method. It is the easiest and quickest way I have found to sew pillowcases.


The inside seams are French seams. The first time I did French seams, I thought I was doing it wrong. It's good to watch a video of how to do the seams, and Crafty Gemini has a short, clear video about making a pillowcase with French seams.



I definitely will make more homemade pillowcases. It's a fun way to use up fabric that I have on hand and make something useful with it.

1 comment:

Rita said...

Very pretty! And made with supplies you had on hand. :)