Friday, April 5, 2019

A to Z Challenge - Easter Ideas

During the month of April, I will be writing Monday through Saturday; and will exploring crafting, holidays, recipes, travel, and other items I've pinned on Pinterest. Each post will focus on a different letter of the alphabet. Today, I am focusing on the letter "E" and will be looking at my Easter board.



Easter is in 16 days so I thought I'd take a look at my Easter board on Pinterest for some things I want to do and make this year. 

For breakfast, I thought that this Baked Western Omelet looked good:



As a reminder why people celebrate Easter and the significance of Holy Week, I found this pin about the week leading up to Easter:



One of the traditions that my cousin's wife did where she grew up in Poland was the blessing of Easter baskets on Holy Saturday (the day before Easter). I had never heard of this tradition and haven't found a church in Minnesota that does this type of blessing. As I read about it, it sounds like it is commonly done in Eastern European parishes. At any rate, this is an example of an Easter basket that would be blessed:


This is an explanation of what goes into a Pascha Basket:


We'll be spending Easter with my brother, sister, and their families. I'm thinking that it would be fun to bring a vegetable tray like this: 



We typically bring a dessert. In the past we've brought a decorated lamb cake. This year, we may do that plus bring some cookies. I saw this pin for Easter cookies:



Another old-fashioned cookie idea is that of Easter bonnet cookies. I like the floral and ribbon decoration on each one: 


A final Easter greeting that I thought was cute:

No comments: