Wednesday, March 29, 2017

Upcycled Bag Holder

Many years ago when I first started looking at Pinterest, I pinned a lot of ideas that I hoped to do at some time. As time went by I was doing more "pinning" than I was doing or creating.

So, I looked through my pins and came across an easy one for storing bags. The pin led to Family Handyman which had the simple of idea of using an empty rectangular tissue box to make a convenient holder for plastic grocery bags. You also could put small trash bags or small rags in the container.

All that is needed is empty tissue box and about a half dozen thumbtacks. Simply thumbtack the box to the inside of a closet wall or cabinet door.


I thought that I would need to nail the box to the wall so that it wouldn't come off each time a bag was used. However, the tacks are surprisingly strong and the box doesn't move when I put in or remove bags.

This was such a simple and effective way to organize bags that I use to line trash cans. I no longer have to search on the shelf in the linen closet for bags and can clearly see when I need to add more bags to the box.

1 comment:

Debby@Just Breathe said...

I did that with a kleenex box. It worked out so well. Of course now in California we no longer get those plastic bags :(