Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Peaches and Salad Greens

A few of months ago, I wanted to make this recipe for Peaches and Salad Greens from Kraft Recipes since fresh peaches and blueberries were in season. However, I never got around to it.

Last week, I made this delicious salad and wished I would have made it sooner. The combination of fresh vegetables and fruit provided a refreshing alternative to salads I've made in the past.

Peaches and Salad Greens

Ingredients:

6 cups torn mixed salad greens
2 fresh peaches, thinly sliced
2 cups sugar snap peas
1 cup fresh blueberries
1/4 cup Kraft Classic Catalina Dressing (I used no-fat catalina dressing)
3/4 cup Athenos Crumbled Reduced Fat Feta Cheese

Directions:

Combine all ingredients except cheese. Top with cheese.

Notes:

=> I put all the vegetables and fruit in a bowl; and then topped the salad with the feta cheese. The dressing was served on the side. There was salad left over, so by not putting the dressing on it, the leftovers could be served the following day so there was no food waste.

3 comments:

Were Parents said...

This looks so yummy! I've always been scared to put fruit in my salad besides strawberries! Might have to try this though :)

Unknown said...

Sounds delicious! My husband loves fruit in salad, and I'm a big fan of feta. This would be a win win for us!

Lauren Ivy Chiong said...

Oooh! I love this combo! Mandarins are also a favorite for salads for me. Thanks for sharing!