Saturday, April 29, 2023

Focus on a Color

On Swap-Bot there is a swap that focuses on color. The goal is to choose a single color and create three images with that color. So, I picked blue and found five photos that I took recently that had blue as the main focus.

The first photo was taken at the Hormel Historic Home in Austin, Minnesota. I like the way that these items are displayed in the trunk. It's an innovative way to group and present these items. I don't know if the drawers came with the trunk or if they were built. Either way, it caught my eye.


My sister and I went to the spring show at Como Conservatory in St. Paul. There are only two more days of the show, yet it still looked fresh and smelled amazing! Winter seems to be lingering here with more snow forecasted for tomorrow. So, it was refreshing and uplifting to be in a room that looked so beautiful with flowers in a blue-purple-white theme. 


While I was in Austin at the Minnesota Alliance of Local History Museums conference, I went to the Jay C. Hormel Nature Center. The exhibits were engaging and educational, and the outdoor trails were beautiful. In the middle of one trail, there was a lake and stream with multiple pairs of geese. 


At Gammelgarden Museum of Scandia, there is an art exhibit called Swedish Folk Painting - Tradition and Innovation. This is one of 37 pieces of art done by artists living in about a half-dozen states. This particular artist only uses the three primary colors in her paintings (and various shades of those primary colors). I didn't notice that until the museum director pointed it out. 


Also at Gammelgarden is a funeral flag of a soldier who died in WWI. His funeral was on June 14, 1921. The flag was donated to the museum. I'm not sure if this is the original folding or if it was unfolded and then refolded. The flag that draped my dad's casket was so precisely folded by veterans at Fort Snelling, so I'm thinking this may have been refolded since it isn't tightly folded. 


I enjoyed looking through photos that I had taken over the past month and seeing that I had quite a few ones that had blue as the main color. 



 

1 comment:

Rita said...

Very interesting and diverse blue photos. :)