Sunday, February 2, 2020

Groundhog Day Pancakes and Pudding Cups

For years, I've had pins on my Pinterest board about Groundhog Day, but have not tried any of them. This year, I decided to do a couple of new recipe - one is for pancakes and the other a pudding dessert.

The first one I made were Groundhog Day Pancakes using the pin that led to The Joys of Boys. I used my dad's recipe for sourdough starter/sourdough pancakes to make the pancakes. Usually I make small pancakes, so it challenging to make a pancake larger than two pancake turners.


The eyes are mini-marshmallows with chocolate chips. The chocolate chips didn't want to sit on the marshmallows, so the eyes look a bit crazy compared to the pin on Pinterest.



Nonetheless, the pancakes made Sophia and Olivia smile, so that made me feel good.



It was something fun that they could still enjoy...even as teenagers.

The second thing I made for the girls was Groundhog Day Pudding Cups. Again, this is a pin that I saw when the girls were much younger, but I've still wanted to make it each year.



The pin doesn't lead to anything. So, I guessed what was needed.

Groundhog Day Pudding Cups


For each serving:

Ingredients

- 1 chocolate pudding cup
- 2 Oreo cookies (crushed)
- 1 vanilla wafer
- 2 slivered almonds
- black gel frosting


Directions

Open the pudding cup and put the crushed Oreos on top. (Note: I had leftover crushed cookies, so I didn't use the entire 2 cookies for a pudding cup.) Using the black gel frosting, draw on two eyes and a nose on a vanilla wafer. On the back of the vanilla wafer, put two blobs of black frosting. Attach the two slivered almonds to make the ears. Place the cookie in one corner of the pudding cup.

1 comment:

Rita said...

Both are so cute! :)