When I clicked on the pin, it didn't lead to another website. It's just an informational pin with the recipe for the moisturizer.
Frankincense and myrrh essential oils.
Coconut oil base
2-4 drops frankincense
2-4 drops myrrh
Mix the coconut oil base with the two essential oils in a small container. Use daily for glowing skin.
Adding the drops of myrrh to the coconut oil.
I used four drops each of the essential oils in about 1/4 cup (at the most) of coconut oil. Initially when I was mixing it, I could smell the essential oils. However, I think that more drops of essential oils are needed to be strong enough to smell this when it is being used.
The finished mixture. This is the softened form of coconut oil.
It will harden and turn a bright white.
It reminded me of the incense I smelled when I was a child in church. The incense was rather overpowering at the time, but the essential oils blended into coconut oil are much more subtle and pleasant.
I was curious to know what the benefits of frankincense and myrrh are, so I looked to Gentle World
that said, "Many first heard of these resins through the story of the Three Wise Men (Magi) and their gifts of gold, frankincense, and myrrh at Jesus’s birth; thus the connection to Christmas time.
"While it may be easy to understand gold being a precious gift, in truth, frankincense and myrrh’s value far outweighs that of gold and extends far beyond biblical lore. These plants are healing on an emotional, physical and spiritual level and more than simply symbols of the season."
Both myrrh and frankincense are from the same plant family (Burseraceae) and grow as small shrub-like trees in dry climates (e.g., Oman, Ethiopia, Somalia, India, Yemen, Saudi Arabia). The resin of both plants has been used medicinally and for spiritual practices for over 5,000 years, and with good reason."
Gentle World listed the many benefits of both myrrh and frankincense. I was surprised at the number of ways that the essential oils could be used as well as the breadth of benefits of each oil.
Benefits of myrrh:
- soothes cracked and chapped skin, fades scars and other spots
- protects against coughs and colds (viral infections), provides relief from mucus and phlegm, eases congestion, breathing trouble, etc.
- works as a fungicide
- works as a sedative, for spiritual opening, stimulating thought
- helps gum and mouth (ulcer) preparations
- heals wounds (essentially those of a ‘weeping’ nature), protects against infection and promotes healing
- strengthens and activates the immune system, prevents/helps microbial infection (e.g., fever, food poisoning, cough, cold, mumps, measles, chicken pox)
- strengthens the gums’ hold on teeth (contracts skin), firms the scalp’s grip on hair roots
- stimulates blood circulation, digestion and nerves, increases sweat to purify body
- aligns energy centers and encourages healing when used during and before meditation
- stimulates uterine health and helps to normalize menstruation, relieves contractions or spasms (e.g., cramps, aches)
- relieves gas and diarrhea, improves stomach health, treats pyorrhea
- clears up skin diseases (e.g., eczema, ringworm)
- promotes regeneration of healthy cells and keeps existing cells and tissues health
- relieves pain associated with rheumatism, arthritis and soothes inflammation
- relieves cough and phlegm, bronchitis, and congestion
- relieves body pain, headache, toothache and rise in body temperature (fever) associated with sickness
- acts as a sedative (wonderful for insomnia), awakens insight, soothes anxiety, anger and stress
tones and lifts skin, heals and protects skin (against boils, wounds, acne and other skin maladies), fades and heals scars
- eliminates germs (either by burning resin or applying oil topically)
- strengthens gums and hair roots, and contracts muscles, intestines and blood vessels (by firming and toning)
- improves digestion and alleviates gas, abnormal sweating, uneasiness, and indigestion
- promotes urination to purify the body and reduce bloating
- helps obstructed and delayed menstruation and delays menopause, helps PMS symptoms (e.g., pain in the abdominal region, nausea, headache, fatigue), regulates production of estrogen
- tones up all the systems operating in the body: respiratory, digestive, nervous and excretory systems
- strengthens absorption of nutrients in the body