Thursday, January 8, 2009

Try One Creative Thing Each Day


Raindrops on Roses
Originally uploaded by Pictures by Ann
My goal is to do at least one creative thing each day. It can be something quick (like an artist trading card) or more involved (like working on a quilt).

I also try to do a mix of things I'm comfortable with (for example, playing a song on the piano that I learned many years ago and that comes easy) and things that are a new skill or project (like this paper snowflake with roses on each point).

Not only does doing something creative keep me challenged and feed by spirit; but it provides a good model for my daughters to follow. It seems like every time I am making something, they eagerly get their art box or find art supplies and sit down and create something along side me.

I see their comfort with the process of art and creating increase each time they sit down and do something creative. As their skill level develops in different areas in the arts (visual arts, music), their willingness to try new things also increases which is exciting.

2 comments:

JenMeister said...

I just love the snowflake with the roses! So beautiful! :)

Harvest Moon by Hand said...

Thank you! It was fun to make.