1. Paint the accent areas dark green (behind the bed and over the window on the west side of the room).
I finally did this project! I ended up waiting until Father's Day to do this project because my dad taught me how to paint my bedroom when I was growing up as well as wallpaper three bathrooms in my Mom and Dad's home.
Doing this project on Father's Day made it more meaningful and special for me. When I look at the wall now I will be reminded of painting my bedroom when I was growing up; and wallpapering the bathrooms at Mom and Dad’s home with Dad instructing me about what we needed to do.
Before painting, the wall has lots of scatches from the dogs' nails.
After painting, it's back to what it looked like when I first saw it.
Here's a close-up of where the chipped paint was:
2. Clean the floor in my office. There are bags of items and some bins that I would like to put away in the closets to free up some space. I'm sure there will be items that will donated or recycled.
I was hoping to do this project last weekend. However, the painting job took several hours; and I focused on some bigger outside projects that needed to get completed. Hopefully I can finish this goal by the end of the month.
3. Do the 12 in 12 project throughout the month. Sophia, Olivia, and I have been doing a special project we named 12 in 12 in which we do 12 projects per month that benefit people in need, animals, or the environment.
This past week we:
- Received books from a fellow Handmade MN team member (on Etsy).
- Donated 32 books from our collection.
- Went through a hallway cabinet and found one bag of non-clothing items to donate to Family Pathways.
- Made a donation to the food shelf.
- Donated a bag of clothes to Family Pathways.
- Went to Northwoods Humane Society to donate $12, a bag of Kitten Chow, and a bag of cans. Played with the cats and dogs needing new homes for a while.
- Put the hand-embroidered toy out for a child to find.
- Uploaded the pictures onto my computer and into the draft post that I will post when we complete the final couple of activities. Everything should be done by June 27th, and posted on the 28th of June...one day before my birthday.