Thursday, June 7, 2012

Window Stars in Sherbet Colors - Summer of Color

Last summer, I participated in the Summer of Color and had a fun time creating a variety of items during the six-week challenge - from window stars to fabric tags to buntings to a quilt. This summer, Kristin is doing  Summer of Color 2 - Ice Cream Inspirations.

For the first week, the challenge was to use the colors of rainbow sherbet - orange, pink, yellow, and white. I thought these would look like pretty colors for a window star, so I did three different patterns.

This one is my favorite one:
Summer of Color - Floral Center


Although each of the stars uses the same colors of paper, the points for each one are folded differently.  Also, the arrangement of the colored points is different. I was curious to see how it would affect the outcome of the stars.

The star above has a pink-orange-yellow-white pattern while the star below has a pink-white-yellow-orange pattern.
Summer of Color - 8 Point Star


And this one is pink-orange-white-yellow. I think the color placement does affect the way the stars look (in addition to the way they are folded).
Summer of Color - Ice Cream Star


What do you think? Do you have a favorite star or color order?
Summer of Color - Trio of Stars

28 comments:

Tracey FK said...

I can't decide which I like best... I have scrolled up and down trying to pick, but I have to say I love the grouping of the three of them together the best... that is just gorgeous...xx

Kristin said...

Absolutely breathtaking! I am SO happy that you are at it again this year, and thank you for helping to spread the word! Please feel free to link up tomorrow for your chance at the Sherbet giveaway. Kristin xo

BJ said...

They are gorgeous. BJ

Fishcake_random said...

I think these would be so sweet on a mobile if you made mini ones. I bet they'd spin nicely in a breeze.
x x x

Jenny said...

WOW Ann... your paper stars are amazing... the colors look so good together... and I love the different styles...

Hugs
Jenny x

Valerie-Jael said...

This is beautiful! Used to make these with the kids when I was teaching, they always looks so beautiful! Valerie

carol l mckenna said...

I like the 3 small ones ~ lovely colors, design ~ so creative ~ ~ enjoy the day ^_^ (A Creative Harbor)

helena said...

stunning - interesting how the colour order imapacts on the final look - I like the first one best

Ritu Dua said...

Beautiful stars and I love the way they shine with their vibrant colors spreading cheer all around!

Carolyn Dube said...

These are wonderful! My favorite is the one on the bottom left!

Diana Taylor said...

These are so beautiful - I love the effect of the light through the paper - so vibrant.

Anita said...

Just beautiful.. I love them all, but I really like the one with the two yellow points meeting in the middle :)

Shahrul Niza said...

OMG, Ann ... stunning stars!. I love how your thin paper stars really looking like diamonds against the sunlight! WOW. My favorite is the 3rd star. Great work :).

Caz said...

I love all of these window stars :-D

Unknown said...

Gorgeous stars and colors!

K J D said...

I love them all but I think the first is my fave.... amazing how they can all look so different!

Great together!

Karenx

Fars Datter said...

Wonderful! :)

Joanna said...

They are all SO BEAUTIFUL!!

Unknown said...

What a GREAT idea to do a pinwheel- I love it!

Jen @Sadie Inspired said...

SO pretty and perfect for summer!

Terri Corona said...

Wow, they're beautiful! I think the first one is my favorite too...

Sandi McLean said...

How pretty! I would love these in my own windows!

Carmen said...

Cannot possibly pick a favourite... imagine a whole window covered in these... like stained glass. Wow.

Netty said...

Loving your fabulous stars for the SOC. Annette x

Molly said...

they look so marvelous together it's hard to choose just one. i think i'm with you, though, as far as favorites go. i like the unique way you interpreted this one!

Daniele Valois said...

oh yay. What fun!

Joyce said...

So wonderful!

JansArtyJunk said...

Your artwork is sooo pretty...looking forward to your week 2 now!!
Jan x