Friday, June 29, 2012

3 in 30 June Update #4

My goals for June for the 3 in 30 challenge:

1. Paint the accent areas dark green (behind the bed and over the window on the west side of the room). This was completed during week #3

2. Clean the floor in my office. I didn't have a chance to work on this project. Just looking at what needs to be looked at, put away, recycled, or donated is - at this point - simply overwhelming.

Rather, I:

- concentrated this past week on my third goal (the 12 in 12 project),

- weeded and planted some annuals,

- helped move my mom from the assisted living apartment back to her home,

- helped Sophia and Olivia with their 4-H projects including: fine arts (jewelry making), crafts (origami and paint-by-numbers), dairy cattle, foods/nutrition (two cookbooks and dairy-free cookies), pets (dogs and hedgehogs), digital photography, quilting, needlework, wildlife biology (muskoxen), sheep (by-products of sheep), consumer education, geospatial (geocaching), and horse (equine vaulting).

Olivia working on her dairy cattle 4-H project.

The county fair is coming up on July 11th at which time all the projects have to be completed. The girls have learned a lot this year, and have done some new projects they had not done in previous years (e.g., geospatial, wildlife biology, sheep, dairy cattle, consumer education).

- participated in a free canoeing program through the state park system, and spent a couple hours canoeing with Sophia and Olivia, and

Canoeing on Lake Alice at William O'Brien State Park.

- went rock climbing with Sophia and Olivia (another free program through the state park system).

Olivia (on the left) and Sophia (on the right) rock climbing
at Interstate State Park.

3. Do the 12 in 12 project throughout the month. This project was worked on throughout the month, with the final project being completed on June 27th. To read a summary of what we accomplished, and to see lots of pictures of what Sophia, Olivia, and I did throughout the month, please see this post

3 comments:

Jeanine Byers said...

Boy, have you been busy!! Congrats on everything you got done this month. I really admire what you are doing with the 12x12 projects!

Unknown said...

Wow - way to go!! I love all those activities at your state park - I need to see what programs we have available! Thanks for the idea!!

Nikki said...

You have been busy! I get overwhelmed easily, too, by a big mess. Sometimes, I just have to set a clock and work at things for few minutes or I just can't even get started. I don't know if that will help you or now. However, you've gotten lots of other things done, and you've spent some wonderful time with your daughters.