Friday, June 15, 2012

3 in 30 June Update #2


My goals for June for the 3 in 30 challenge:

1. Paint the accent areas dark green (behind the bed and over the window on the west side of the room). This has been a project I've wanted to do since January. I don't want it to roll into the second half of the year....it must be completed by June 30th.

I am going to be doing this job over this upcoming weekend. I'm looking forward to getting this project done.

2. Clean the floor in my office. There are bags of items and some bins that I would like to put away in the closets to free up some space. I'm sure there will be items that will donated or recycled. 

This is another project that I'll be working on this weekend. I would like to see this project also done.

3. Do the 12 in 12 project throughout the month. Sophia, Olivia, and I have been doing a special project we named 12 in 12 in which we do 12 projects per month that benefit people in need, animals, or the environment.

During the past week:
- I hand-embroidered and packaged a toy that is now ready to be put somewhere for someone to find.
- Sophia went through her closet and found several items of clothing that no longer fit. These will be donated later this month.
- We were interviewed by our local newspaper for a feature story that will appear in an upcoming issue.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Great progress!! I am looking forward to seeing the pics of the freshly painted room. :)

Jeanine Byers said...

Great job!! Hope the weekend plans go smoothly, too.

Unknown said...

You are doing great! I have 2 rooms that I need to paint and keep putting them off. Sigh.

And - awesome on the interview!! What was the article on?

Harvest Moon by Hand said...

Thank you Sherri, Jeanine, and Aurie! Aurie, you asked what the article was on. It was about the 12 in 12 challenge that my daughters and I are doing this year. (That's the one where we do 12 different service projects each month that help people in need, animals, and the environment.)

He also asked about the book drive we're doing to create a library in Lesotho, Africa; and more about homeschooling. I'm anxious to see what he writes.

Tami @ This Mom's Delight said...

I'd love to see some pics of your soon-to-be finished projects.