Wednesday, June 20, 2012

My Teddy Bear and Me (Summer Blog Challenge)

For today's Summer Blog Challenge prompt, participants are asked to post a picture of themselves when they were children.

Below is a picture of me when I was one year old. I'm holding my teddy bear which was one of my toys when I was an infant and toddler.

Inspire the Artist Within You - Picture of Me as a Baby

I don't have many pictures of me as a baby. My dad took slides so there are more slides than pictures.

Many years ago, my parents were cleaning their home and giving away things that they thought that I, my sister, or my brother would enjoy having at our own homes. They asked me if I wanted my bear. I sure did.

Back in 2009, I did several of the challenges on Kerri Smith's website where there’s a list of 100 ideas to inspire and stimulate your artistic endeavors.

As part of that challenge, there was an activity that involved including a picture of me as a child in my journal. I ended up tracing the teddy bear onto a page in my journal since it looked rather plain with just a picture of me on it.

Just in case you're wondering what the bear looks like in color (and not black and white)...here it is:

My Teddy Bear


2 comments:

LisaMarieF said...

What a creative idea! Cute! :)

And my family has so many pictures on slides because we did the same thing - sit around and see slides of adventures. I'll always be sentimental about the slide clicking sound of a projector!

Kendall said...

How cute :)