Saturday, February 17, 2018

Cooling Aromatherapy for Hot Weather and Hot Flashes

When I was going to Arizona last July, I had wanted to find an aromatherapy blend that would help with overheating. I looked on Pinterest and found some essential oil blends for hot flashes which I thought would be somewhat like being in 120 degree weather in Arizona.

I found a blend on Camp Wander called "Dash the Hot Flash Spray" which had a nice blend of essential oils that I like: lavender, geranium, bergamot, and peppermint. There's clary sage in it too, though I don't use it that often.

I never got around to making the spray before I left, but still wanted to try it because it seemed like a nice blend of oils. I'll be going to Las Vegas this summer for a convention and the weather is supposed to be hot there as well. I'll be bringing the spray with me this time to use when I'm outside in the heat.

To make the spray, you'll need:

8 ounces alcohol-free witch hazel
4 drops bergamot essential oil
4 drops geranium essential oil
10 drops lavender essential oil
2 drops clary sage essential oil
2 drops peppermint essential oil


Once you have the ingredients and supplies, simply add all of the ingredients to a spray bottle.


To use, shake well and spritz lightly on your face, chest, and neck when you feel the heat.

Another blend I have used from Shanti Aromatherapy uses Lavender, Peppermint, Clary Sage, and Pink Grapefruit. I'm not sure how many drops to use of each one, but probably a similar amount as above would yield a nice scented spray.

10 drops lavender essential oil
4 drops peppermint essential oil
4 drops clary sage essential oil
4 drops pink grapefruit essential oil




1 comment:

Rita said...

I don't imagine that could hurt. Spraying a mist of water alone helps in the heat so this would be nicer smelling. :)