Saturday, May 12, 2012

Take a Stitch Tuesday - Half Chevron Stitch - Week 19


This week for Take a Stitch Tuesday (TAST), the featured stitch is the half chevron. I learned how to do the chevron stitch in February. Both the stitches are easy to do once you have the pattern figured out. As with the chevron stitch, I chose to use Aida cloth because then the stitches would be more uniform in size.

The first sampler has four half-chevron stitches - each in a different direction. For some reason, they remind me of a windmill. The middle three rows of stitches are done in the running stitch.


For the second sampler, I practiced doing the stitch in pale pink and yellow. The blue stitches are just straight stitches in different patterns. I'm not sure why I did addition and multiplication signs on the bottom row. Perhaps math was on mind after a day of homeschooling, and teaching third and fifth grade math to Olivia and Sophia.


I found this image about how to do the half-chevron stitch helpful:


As with past weeks, I incorporated the samplers into my TAST embroidery journal. It includes a personal reflection/journal entry, list of five things for which I'm grateful, and two bird images (the goldfinch and grosbeak that represent things that I've seen during the past week.


3 comments:

Carolyn Dube said...

This is beautiful- these stitches remind me of some stencils I have- I hadn't thought about how stitches and stencils could be similar. I love your color choices-esp.when it is all together in your journal!

Gwen said...

You make it look so easy. I will definitely have a try....
Lovely work!
xx

Annet said...

I like your windmills!