Friday, May 18, 2012

3 in 30 May Goals - Update #3

My goals for 3 in 30 and the progress I made on them are below.

1. Finish the projects I did not complete during the past four months.

- Clean half my office - I finished cleaning the last two shelves in the closet as well as the right side on the floor. Went through three tote bags that I had filled with different projects. (I would take them along when I volunteered and/or was waiting for the girls to finish lessons.) Put the unfinished projects in various bins so when I want to work on a particular activity, I can just go to the bin (e.g., embroidery, sewing). This project is done.

- Finish cleaning the blue room - Dusted the furniture and fan; and washed the windows. This project is done.

- Finish "Shaking Off the Bonds of Stuff...for Lent" - I did not do anything with this project.

- Put trimmed branches from trees in backyard in the firepit - This was done during the first week of May.

- Paint the accent areas dark green (behind the bed and over the window on the west side of the room) and the walls white - I did not do anything towards meeting this goal during the past week.

2. Do the Biology of Behavior program. I've written about this in previous posts, so I won't go into detail here. Sophia, Olivia, and I continued to use acidophilus and grapefruit seed extract three times a day (before each meal). There have been a couple days where we didn't take a dosage at one of the meals. We will do this for six more weeks. The girls also are taking two multi-vitamins a day (one at breakfast and one at dinner).

Last Thursday, we began the part of the 9-week program by reducing sugar and carbohydrates. This is suppose to continue indefinitely. There have been days that we have not had as much sugar or carbohydrates as...say...a month ago. However, I don't think I've done as well this week with this component of the plan. If there were suggested menus or ideas, that would be easier. Perhaps during the upcoming weeks this area will improve.

The next part of the program which was supposed to start yesterday was taking Mineral Rich each day. (Mineral Rich is a blend of essential minerals and over 70 trace minerals. It supports the health of bones, muscles, teeth, hair, skin, and nails; and contains vitamins B12 and Biotin.)

I ordered Mineral Rich this morning, and hopefully it will arrive by early next week. It is not available in any stores or co-ops locally, so the only way to get it is online.

3. Do a nice Mother's Day meal. My mom wanted to have pizza, so the meal was much more casual and relaxed than we have  typically done in the past. In fact, we simply sat around my mom's dinnette table, stood in the kitchen, and/or sat in the family room. It was far from a more "formal" meal we have done in the past.

I made three different salads to go with the pizza - a coleslaw (which I knew my mom would like); pasta salad with vegetables; and a quinoa salad with fennel, raisins, and vegetables.

My mom enjoyed her time at home, and having a break from being in the transitional care unit.

After she and everyone left, Sophia, Olivia, and I gathered items for my mom's move on Saturday (May 19th) to an assisted living apartment. Although I didn't get everything packed, at least it is all together upstairs which will save some time on Saturday morning when the movers arrive.

3 comments:

Jeanine Byers said...

Wow, you've done so well!! And so much! Glad you had a good Mother's Day. Sounds like your mom did, too!

Nikki said...

You're doing great on your goals! Yes, you still have some things to do, but you've got a-whole-nother week to do them. Way to go! And anything with changing your diet has got to be hard.

Rita said...

Doing well, I'd say. :)