Thursday, May 3, 2012

3 in 30 Goals for May - Update #1

My goals for 3 in 30 and the progress I made on them are below.

1. Finish the projects I did not complete during the past four months.

- Clean half my office - I cleaned off another shelf in my closet that has craft supplies on it. From it, I recycled one bag of items I no longer plan to use and filled a small plastic bag with garbage. There was a small gallon-size bag of items to donate.

- Finish cleaning the blue room - I vacuumed this room after the five trash-size bags of items were donated and one trash-size bag of garbage was removed last week. I washed the bedding and rearranged the remaining play toys so it is more orderly in the room. I still need to wash the the windows and fan.

- Finish "Shaking Off the Bonds of Stuff...for Lent" - I did not do anything with this project.

- Put trimmed branches from trees in backyard in the firepit - I trimmed the branches from the trees in backyard but never brought everything to the firepit. Finally did this before I mowed the lawn for the first time this season.

- Paint the accent areas dark green (behind the bed and over the window on the west side of the room) and the walls white - I did not do anything towards meeting this goal during the past week.

2. Do the Biology of Behavior program. More information about what we are doing is on the last post. Sophia, Olivia, and I continued to use acidophilus three times a day (before each meal). We will do this for three months. Each of us has noticed a positive difference by using this probiotic (a.k.a. "good germs" - or microorganisms that help to maintain a healthy intestinal tract and aid digestion).

The girls also are taking two multi-vitamins a day (one at breakfast and one at dinner). I found a brand that is natural and has no artificial dyes. This will continue indefinitely.

On Thursday, we added grapefruit seed oil tablets that we will be taking three times a day for three months (Olivia is taking drops since this is easier for her to do.) This is an anti-fungal extract that is used to help prevent an overgrowth of yeast in one's system (a yeast overgrowth can not only have negative physical effects, but also affect a child's learning). There are many additional  benefits of grapefruit seed oil that can be read about here.

I continued to read and/or browse through the books recommended by Dianne Craft (the speaker at the homeschool conference who had many sessions about how to help children who are struggling to learn by changing the way they eat, and provide nutritional supplements and vitamins that they may be missing from their diet).

3. Do a nice Mother's Day meal. We have the time determined and a tentative menu. Other than that, I have not worked on this goal since it is still over a week away.

4 comments:

Paula said...

Ann, I am also doing some techniques that I learned from the Dianne Craft session. I am curious if you got the CD's that go with the biology of behavior and if it is worth getting.
We started the probiotic last week with my daughter and will start the grapefruit seed extract when it comes in the mail. I look forward to hearing your progress.

Shonda said...

Looks like you will be busy this month!

Jeanine Byers said...

Ann, you are such a sneak!! :)

You managed to make six goals look like only three. How are you able to be so productive? You amaze me!

Tami @ This Mom's Delight said...

It feels great to bag up and get rid of stuff, doesn't it!