Window stars that I made with brown translucent paper.
Each of the star points is folded multiple times and glued. Then, the points are attached to one another to reveal the window star's pattern.
I've made this pattern before, but never in brown.
It's interesting how different color paper
can completely change the look and feel of the window stars.
The sun was particularly bright on Sunday afternoon. With a 68% humidity level and temperature in the upper 80s, it felt quite tropical outside. And, to think, about two months ago there was snow on the ground. With the sun so bright, it almost makes the window star points glow.
This would be a good window star to
put up around autumn or Thanksgiving.
The quilt is coming along. I have ten 12-inch squares done which is good.
Ten quilt squares are done.
My goal is to use only fabric that I have on hand rather than buying new fabric.
For each of the quilt squares, there are seven different fabrics used.
Seven represents the number of days in the week.
I'd like to use the fabric that I've had for some time now and put it to good use.
This is not the order the squares will be in for the quilt.
I'm going to have a plain-colored piece of fabric in between each
row and column to break up the squares.
(Yes, that's a dog nose in the upper right hand corner of the picture.
Montague is resting near the quilt squares.)