Sunday, February 19, 2017

Essential Oil Treatment for a Sinus Infection

On Pinterest a few years ago, there was a pin for a do-it-yourself detox bath that helps with sinus infections. The pin was removed, but I kept a copy of the recipe and image for my reference.

Although I don't have a sinus infection now, I was dealing with one a couple of weeks ago. Thought I'd make a batch of these bath salts now and try it before potentially having another round of sickness. Better to be proactive than reactive.



Detox Bath Salts

3 drops Cedarwood essential oil
3 drops Frankincense essential oil
2 drops lavender essential oil

Combine oils in 1 cup of Epsom salt. Put the mixture in hot bath water; and soak for 20-30 minutes.

The combination of essential oils is one that I like a lot. I've used this now for a couple of days in a row.

Is there a marked change in my breathing? I'm not sure. What I do know is that my nose isn't stuffy and my sinuses don't hurt. That's a good sign.



No comments: