Thursday, March 20, 2014

Crock Pot Honey Sesame Chicken

We're in the middle of a reconstruction project because of an ice dam. Much of my time recently has been spent packaging up items and putting them in other rooms while three rooms are being worked on.

Because my time is limited, I took a look at a pin on Pinterest for Crock Pot Honey Sesame Chicken. I needed something that I thought everyone would enjoy eating and that was quick and easy to make. This recipe met both requirements.

It was so simple just to put the ingredients in the crock pot and let it cook for me while I did other things. Everyone liked the taste of this recipe and would definitely eat it again!

Crock Pot Honey Sesame Chicken that I made.

Ingredients

6-8 boneless, skinless chicken thighs (I used 3 chicken breasts)
1/2 cup diced onion (I used a whole medium-size onion)
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 cup honey
1/4 cup ketchup
1/2 cup low-sodium soy sauce
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes (I didn't include these)
3 tablespoons cornstarch mixed in 3/4 cup water
sesame seeds for garnish
sliced scallions for garnish
rice

Directions

Place chicken in bottom of crock pot and season lightly with salt and pepper. In a small bowl mix onions, garlic, honey, ketchup, soy sauce, oil; and red pepper flakes. Pour over chicken cook for 3-4 hours on low or 2 hours on high. Do not over cook as chicken will dry out.

Remove chicken to a cutting board and shred. Mix corn starch and water, stir into sauce. Cover and cook on high for 10 minutes or until thickened.

Serve rice, topped with chicken and drizzled with sauce. Garnish with sesame seed and scallions.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Looks delicious.

Rita said...

Looks good! I bet even my fake vegetarian chicken would taste good in there. :)