Saturday, November 10, 2012

P52 Photo Challenge - Happy - Week 45

The theme for the 45th week of the P52 Photo Challenge is "Happy." As I looked at pictures from the past week, a couple stood out that showed happiness.

One picture was of the girls as they were learning about magnetism as part of their science curriculum. They were using various magnets to pick up items as well as see how the same poles on different magnets would repel one another.  It was a fun way to bring to life what we were reading.

The other picture is of the girls outside the town hall where voting was taking place on November 6th.


Every time I vote Sophia and Olivia have come along with me. This year, I explained to them how the ballot was printed and how a person voted. They watched as I colored with the black marker the ovals next to the people for whom I wanted to vote.

When I was done, they each took one side of the ballot and put it into the machine. Our number was 1,101. An easy number to remember. As we left, we each received our red "I Voted!" sticker.

We are happy to be living in a country where all adults have the right to vote; and we can do so freely and not worry about our safety.

Project 52 - p52 weekly photo challenge with Kent Weakley

1 comment:

Rita said...

That is definitely a happy picture!
Sure are places I am glad I don't live, that's for sure!
Have a great week. :)