Saturday, April 25, 2020

One Pan Garlic Chicken with Brussels Sprouts and Potatoes

I've been trying a lot of new recipes during Minnesota's stay-at-home order. This one was one that I saw on my Facebook feed and it led to The Slow Roasted Italian.

It was very easy to make and had a lot of flavor. Instead of the sweet potatoes, I used white potatoes since I'm trying to use what I have on hand rather than go to the grocery store. I also didn't use smoked paprika. I've tried that spike before and don't care for it. So, I used plain paprika. This is a recipe that I would make again since everyone liked it.


Ingredients

2 medium sweet potatoes (about 1 pound), cut into 3/4"-1" cubes (I used white potatoes)
1 pound small Brussels sprouts, (if they are bigger, cut them in half)
1 medium red onion, cut into slices (I used a yellow onion since I didn't have a red onion)
3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
2 teaspoons kosher salt, divided
1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper, divided
1 1/2 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts
4 tablespoons honey
2 tablespoons Dijon Mustard
2 teaspoons New Mexico chili powder
2 teaspoons smoked paprika (I used regular paprika)
6 cloves garlic, minced
optional garnish: Parsley, chopped (I didn't use this)

Directions

Preheat oven to 425°F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil, for quick clean up. Place the baking sheet into the oven to preheat the pan with the oven; this will help the vegetables caramelize faster.

In a medium bowl combine 2 tablespoons olive oil with the honey, mustard, chili powder, paprika, garlic, 1 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Whisk to combine. Add chicken and toss to coat. Set aside.

Add sweet potatoes, Brussels sprouts, onion, and garlic to the preheated sheet pan. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon olive oil. Sprinkle with 1 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Toss vegetables with a spoon, until coated well.

Clear a space for chicken breasts around the pan. Place coated chicken breasts on the baking sheet. Spoon the remaining honey mustard marinade over the chicken. Wiggle the pan until the vegetables are in a single layer.

Bake 30-35 minutes until chicken is cooked through and vegetables are fork tender. Set oven to broil high for 2 minutes or until the edges of the vegetables begin to brown. (Note: I didn't broil the dinner. I think I would next time.)

Serve and enjoy!

1 comment:

Beverley Baird said...

Yum! Will be trying this!